Monday, July 16, 2007

The Flames of Passion Part III

This series is rated "R" so if you are under 18 or offended by things of an adult or sexual nature, please don't read.

After my dear little Elf became an Ethereal Master, and I one as well, we went our separate ways. I took other lovers, mostly Vistaduro Ethereal Masters like myself, but after I become a Disciple...well, it's kind of hard to have a lover when you don't even have a body (not that it stopped me, but the tale of my former teacher and I after my Discipleship is a long story, and one that I shall try to write later).

After the death of Milnov Feylin, my teacher, I wreaked havoc on Mernac and then, when my mood calmed, I retreated to the Ethereal Fire Plane except for those times when Father Elsen required me to perform some errand. One day, though, I felt like wandering and so I went to visit Mernac. I can only perceive my Ethereal element on Mernac, but I can communicate with Elsen's other Disciples. Although I love my sister, Anemo, dearly, on this day I wanted to visit with Goran. He and I have worked together to ensure that the flora of Mernac florises again in those areas that bore the brunt of my foul moods.

Instead of finding Goran, as I wandered Mernac I found a Vistaduro Ethereal Master nearly dead from Elemental exhaustion, but still conscious as he lay in a cave. He knew who I was, but then I imagine all Ethereal Masters recognize when the Disciple that controls their particular Element is close by. It also was no surprise that he was a little frightened by my presence -- what can I say, when one periodically tortures Ethereal Masters word spreads. I tried to communicate to him through Ethereal Fire that I meant him no harm and only wanted to help, but I don't think he quite believed me.

I fed Ethereal Fire to him slowly, not to prolong his suffering but because being force-fed the Elements isn't any more pleasant than if I forced Koomba Treats down your throat as fast as I could. Eventually he began communicating with me via the Element that we shared, and he believed that I did not intend to torture him...at least not on that day.

No comments: