Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'm Back! (for the moment, anyway)

Yes, I've returned briefly to share some pics with you all. Today I went to the State Fair -- wahoo! Where else can you get your Coca-Cola fried and drink your watermelon?

I must admit that the pictures turned out rather craptacular, especially since I got a pit in my lens that causes a red dot to appear in certain photos (I cloned it out of most of the pics already, but there are a few that I didn't). Boo!

On the other hand, I got some incredible video! The Budweiser Clydesdales performed -- it's something that you just have to experience, those horses are so powerful and so HUGE but the way they work together is beautiful.

But enough of that, here is what you've been waiting for :-)

This is the "World Famous California State Fair Fountain". I'm not sure what qualifies it to be "World Famous", but the health department tested the water and decided that after 40 years it qualifies as a threat to public health. Therefore the fence is around it to keep everyone out of the water. Since 1967 kids have played in that fountain; I remember playing in it, so this makes me very sad. Hopefully the fair will raise the $500,000 that they need to replace the pumping system so we can all play in the fountain again.

All around the fountain are banners, one for each of California's 58 counties.

The American River flows through Cal Expo.

Forget bumper cars, we have bumper boats!



There are rainforests in California?



I'm going to divide this into two posts so it doesn't take forever to load with all of these pictures ;-)

4 comments:

Traesha/Kachinadoll said...

Welcome back little Fire lady! Missed ya!

I think your pic's turned out wonderful. Everything is so green and pretty! I especially like all the pretty flowers! Whoo Hoo! Great job!

We need to put a spell on that nasty old bank so it is nice to you!

So glad to see ya! Welcome home!

Traesha/Kachinadoll said...

Hi,me again! Did you change your Blog header again? It looks good, we can see your little outfit better! Cool!

Too bad you did not get to see all the Jelly Belly Beans! Yum! I have a huge sweet tooth! In fact, I think all of my teeth are sweet teeth! hee hee!

Vickie said...

Yes KD, I did change my banner again LOL.

ND/Botr said...

Such great images, I've breezed over the two pages and am impressed. It does take a bit to load the images and I for one am glad that you divided them.

Welcome back Sis and we can arrange a bag or two of JellyBelly's if you really want them. I'm sure someone will send some to you. :-)