Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Defeating a Creative Block

Quont, Mernac's God of Lust: Question of the Week – 7

Whenever I feel blocked, I go sit in my garden at night and stare up at the sky. There's just something about seeing all of those stars, the moon, the planets, making out the constellations -- it just gets my imagination going. Then I can fantasize that I'm really on an adventure, maybe making camp for the night before continuing on my journey to find something or someone. Out there alone, with just nature to keep me company, my imagination seems to run wild.

Until the first strange noise which I tend to believe is a serial killer coming to get me but always ends up being the cat coming to check and see what the heck I'm doing out there.

If the weather is bad and I can't go outside, I add a bit of lemongrass oil to the bathwater and soak for a while, then dig through a box of old photos that belonged to my grandmother (we're talking photos going back to the 1900's) and try to imagine what life was like and what was going on when the picture was taken. (Hmm, maybe the big box of old pictures is where I got my love for photography.)

3 comments:

shanyaks said...

hi hotstuff! if i were to lie in my garden, the view would be hindered by the three feet of snow on top of me.
and thats in the summer...:)

Traesha/Kachinadoll said...

Aww, this is a great answer. Sounds very peaceful and relaxing. Until the mass murderer comes into the picture. But glad it is usually your little kitty cat stalking you instead!

Shanyaks, you could still lie in your garden, but you would become an Orcsicle! hee hee

Sorcia said...

There's something so relaxing about nature and the stars, something that reconnects us to our creativity and inspires greatness!