Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Weekly Progress Report - August 13, 2007

Well, here it is, another week come and gone and have I done all that I wanted to? Of course not.

In regards to missing connections, the following stories were reviewed and connections added where necessary:


The Crone's House
Ancient Seelos


Yep, that's it. Two whole stories. Yay me!

So what have I done this week? Well...

I had a lovely time visiting with my sister, Anemo. She chose me to be her Featured Artist -- I am so honored!

Ah, but that did not take up the entire week, no. Thanks to Quont and the questions posted on His blog, I have been devoting more time to my photography. My latest challenge is selective coloring -- something which I have long admired but never been brave enough to try until now. Here is the result.


The method of doing it is pretty easy, but the actual doing it, pixel by pixel around the edges, is very time consuming and not easy on the eyeballs. Still, I think the end result was worth it.

Now, though, I'm beginning to worry that perhaps I don't belong at Mernac. My goals and dreams have little to do with being an artist or a writer...well maybe when they organize the first Mernacian convention I can take publicity photos.

3 comments:

Quont said...

Vickie, please don't think you don't belong at Mernac. You do! First of all, you belong because you are our friend and we want you to stay; we want to enjoy your virtual company. Plus Mernac is a place for creative and talented people of ALL kinds. Photography is art too. I'm sure you could submit some beautiful photos to some of the stories if they fit. And I bet writers could be inspired by your pictures as well. There are probably a gazillion ways to incorporate photography into Mernac if you just give it some thought. :-)

Traesha/Kachinadoll said...

I agree with Quont! We want you here and I love viewing your beautiful photo's and artwork!! Background photo's are a must for creating artwork if you do not have all the props and things. Especially photo's of nature!

I love what you did here with your selective coloring. Very dramatic. Did you do your postwork in Photoshop or another program? I have found lots of great tut's for separating objects from their background. If you ever need them, just let me know, be happy to share!

Vickie said...

Oh no worries, you two, I'm not going anywhere. I've been spending the last two weeks at my 'real' job wondering 'how in the hell did I end up HERE?' and it rubbed off onto Mernac.

I intend to stick around and drive you all crazy with my photos for a very very VERY long time!